My daughter’s favorite books

Well…to be honest, sometimes the air pollution in Beijing is no joke. Those days we have no choice but to keep our beautiful daughter indoors. And as I mentioned in my previous posts, as a mom I have to do my best to be creative and entertain my daughter. And, one of the ways to keep my daughter happy is to read a book with her and teach her something new.

Getting a decent book for kids is very easy in China. Because they have awesome “Taobao” that has anything and everything, plus they deliver your packages to your door! Isn’t it amazing?! Anyways, the books that my daughter enjoys reading are Usborne Lift-the-flap books. So far we purchased Lift-the-flap Counting book, Shapes book and Colors book. They are all in English.

These books are both educational and fun as your toddler gets a chance to lift the flap on each page and find something. Each book has about 80 flaps to lift that your child can discover items and name them. Also, you can get your child talking about each object. For example, if in the shapes book your kid finds a star under the flap you can ask him/her questions like “What color is the star?” “How many stars did you find?”, etc.  Believe it or not, my daughter knows all her numbers, shapes and colors at the age of 2 thanks to these books, and of course, thanks to the excellent teacher as me (just kidding or may be not)!


Where can you find the books? Obviously, on taobao.com. Many shops sell lift-the-flap books, but I buy them from the store (on Taobao) that is located in Beijing for about 35 RMB (it is about 1700 KZT/5.20USD).  I think 35 RMB is not expensive for the very qualitative book in terms of content and publishing. In order to find it, just copy and paste these words into the search engine: 系列 英文儿童纸板翻翻早教启蒙立体多层揭页 低幼.


All in all, these types of books will help your child develop skills such as counting, matching, learning new words and speaking. Hope your little one will enjoy reading, learning and playing at the same time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Lilliput" kids' cafe

Mall playgrounds in China

Toddler clothing stores in China