Chinese hair salon experience


Constant hair care is needed if you want to keep your hair healthy. Therefore, I decided to trim my hair a little bit and get some kind of hair treatment. First, I searched for group purchasing deals on dianping.com (my favorite website these days) and I found a lot! Then I started reading reviews about the services of each hair salon because I didn’t want to destroy my hair (that my husband loves).  Finally, my friend and I decided to go to “Carley” hair salon that is located in Sanlitun. However, we decided not to purchase the voucher and just to show up and see what type of hair salon it was (NOTE: don’t trust the pictures on commercial websites). And you know, that was a smart decision! Because turns out “Carley” hair salon was closed for construction!!!

We were so disappointed, but luckily, we saw a nice-looking hair salon that is called “3 AM” and we came to a decision just to go there. As soon as we walked in, a bunch of hair dressers followed us to figure out what we wanted. After they realized that our Chinese was not as good, they found a staff who spoke English. So we started explaining to him what type of service we wanted, etc. After that, he helped us to choose a haircut + hair treatment service for 360 RMB (the actual price is 780RMB) on dianping.com

http://www.dianping.com/shop/69258040/officialphotos/album/2http://www.dianping.com/shop/69258040/officialphotos/album/2






















Then, the service began… First, one hair dresser guy washed my hair. While having my hair washed, I was getting a back massage on the massaging chair. That was awesome! After that, he started putting hair treatment mask on my hair. I looked ridiculous; nevertheless, I decided to take a picture of myself for the sake of my blog! 

While we were getting treatments, they asked us if we were hungry and wanted something to eat. We politely declined, but they brought us freshly cut fruits and a glass of orange juice anyway. We loved it! Once he finished putting a mask on my hair he started dry blowing my hair with some kind of machine that looked like a fan. Then, he washed my hair again and then we were waiting on a hair stylist. Well, in this salon, some people are in charge of hair washing, applying hair treatments, and the others are the hair stylists who can style, perm or dye your hair. Once our hair stylists arrived they introduced themselves and asked what type of hair style we wanted, etc. My friend just showed the picture and I just showed with my hands how much hair I wanted to be cut. Once the hair stylist finished cutting my hair, she started explaining to me how I should take care of my hair, what type of products I should use and what type of vitamins I should take. She was awesome! 

Overall, the atmosphere, the service and the attitude of personnel of this hair salon were really great. The only downside is that the procedure was a bit slow, but again, I don’t blame them as we turned up quite late (close to dinner time). Other than that, don’t be afraid to go to a Chinese hair salon since you might actually love it!

P.S.: This is the address of "3 AM" hair salon in Chinese -  三里屯SOHO 6号商场6-220

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Lilliput" kids' cafe

Toddler clothing stores in China

Mall playgrounds in China