Blasian life in Beijing...

From now on, I decided to write once a week about living in Beijing as a multicultural family.  I think most people are curious about how local people treat us (blasian family) in Beijing. In Beijing, I should say no one cares. Everyone is minding their own business. However, sometimes people stare at us (especially when I am with my husband) but we don’t get negative stares even though many Chinese people suppose that I am also Chinese. But once they hear my ‘awesome’ Chinese pronunciation everything clears out.

Mostly, people are just curious about where we originally from and our daughter. They just love her. She gets all kinds of compliments and boy, oh boy, she just loves all the attention. Even though I don’t speak Chinese that well I can understand what they are talking about. Believe me, they never say bad things in our presence. Nevertheless, I do not really know what they say once we walk away (but who cares, right?).

Anyway, in my humble opinion, Beijing is a very expat-friendly city. There are even several expat parents’ communities that organize playgroups and other events where you can find parents who are in the same boat as you. I think that is pretty cool!         


P.S. If you have any questions about living in Beijing as a blasian family, leave a comment in the section below ;-) 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Lilliput" kids' cafe

Toddler clothing stores in China

Mall playgrounds in China